gt.draw_hierarchy not showing edges?

Hello,
I'm trying to draw hierarchy from a NestedBlockState made like this

<NestedBlockState object, with base <BlockState object with 2263 blocks (91 nonempty), degree-corrected, for graph <Graph object, directed, with 8272 vertices and 52548 edges, 1 internal vertex property, at 0x128d14110>, at 0x13ffa8f10>, and 10 levels of sizes [(8272, 91), (91, 34), (34, 10), (10, 3), (3, 2), (2, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1)] at 0x128cca590>

when I run

state.draw(output='foo.pdf')

I obtain a picture with colored nodes on the outer circle, the hierarchy path but no bezier curves for edges. I've tried to draw only levels > 0 (so 91 nodes here) and it works like in graph_tool documentation examples. In order to draw edges I had to use gt.graph_draw passing edge_control_points (from gt.get_hierarchy_control_points). Is there some threshold in gt.draw_hierarchy that sets edge visibility if over/under a certain number of blocks?
graph_tool 2.30 here

Thanks
d

Hello,
I'm trying to draw hierarchy from a NestedBlockState made like this

<NestedBlockState object, with base <BlockState object with 2263 blocks (91 nonempty), degree-corrected, for graph <Graph object, directed, with 8272 vertices and 52548 edges, 1 internal vertex property, at 0x128d14110>, at 0x13ffa8f10>, and 10 levels of sizes [(8272, 91), (91, 34), (34, 10), (10, 3), (3, 2), (2, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1), (1, 1)] at 0x128cca590>

when I run

state.draw(output='foo.pdf')

I obtain a picture with colored nodes on the outer circle, the hierarchy path but no bezier curves for edges. I've tried to draw only levels > 0 (so 91 nodes here) and it works like in graph_tool documentation examples. In order to draw edges I had to use gt.graph_draw passing edge_control_points (from gt.get_hierarchy_control_points). Is there some threshold in gt.draw_hierarchy that sets edge visibility if over/under a certain number of blocks?

I can't reproduce this. Please provide an self-contained example that
shows the problem. You can also provide the pickled NestedBlockState.

graph_tool 2.30 here

Maybe try with the 2.31 version?

Best,
Tiago

I can't reproduce this. Please provide an self-contained example that
shows the problem. You can also provide the pickled NestedBlockState.

You can download it from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/perjgme4zvwbab1/HuRI.equilibrate.pkl?dl=0

state = pickle.load(open('HuRI.equilibrate.pkl', 'rb'))

graph_tool 2.30 here

Maybe try with the 2.31 version?

Damn, I missed this version!

d

I can reproduce the problem with PDF output. You can workaround it by
setting edge_pen_width by hand (e.g. edge_pen_width=1).

I'll fix this for the next version.

Best,
Tiago

I also realized that increasing the output size (to 2400x2400) fixes output, but I guess that is for the very same reason
Thanks

d