graph-tool on Mac OS Lion - running!

Hi!

Wonders seem to happen once in a while. Finally I got graph-tool running on my Lion machine. Here are my steps which lead to a running graph-tool:

1. deinstall Macports python 2.7 such that it is never in the way (reinstall whatever you need in macports with python with the python26 branch)
2. install boost 1.47.0 into $HOME/.local; linked against python 2.7 from apple
3. install numpy/scipy from the SuperPack, see scipy.org
4. install cgal 3.9 with gmp and other dependencies coming from macports; install dir is $HOME/.local
5. grab graph-tool from git and configure it with

PYTHON_VERSION=2.7 PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.7 CXXFLAGS="-I/$HOME/.local/include -I/opt/local/include" CFLAGS="-I$HOME/.local/include -I/opt/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/.local/lib -L/opt/local/lib" ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local --with-boost=$HOME/.local/ --with-numpy=/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/numpy-2.0.0.dev_3b3735d_20111219-py2.7-macosx-10.7-x86_64.egg/numpy/ --with-scipy=/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/scipy-0.11.0.dev_c2ff01c_20111219-py2.7-macosx-10.7-x86_64.egg/scipy/ --disable-debug --disable-openmp

Compile it a very long time and then install it. Of course, I use the latest Xcode 4.2.1. I found it really hard to get graph tool running on Lion.

Cheers,

Sebastian

I don't even have access to a Lion machine, hence there is very little I
can do to help. But it is also very obvious that none of the problems
you encountered had anything to do with graph-tool in itself, instead they
seem to me like a macports issue. You should really contact them with a
bug report if you want this to improve in the future.

Cheers,
Tiago

I am not blaming you, Tiago. Don't get me wrong. Problem is that apple will stay forever with their gcc 4.2 due to license issues and Macports compilations are not usable.

BTW, I forgot one important step:

Download python 2.7.2 sources and use the h2py script to convert the /usr/include/dlfcn.h into DLFCN.py and place that somewhere where python 2.7 reaches it.

Speaking of bug reporting: What should I report here? boost python binding don't work? scipy/numpy doesn't work?

Cheers,

Sebastian